Saturday, October 9, 2010

You Saved...

So for my first post, I thought I would blog a little about my current hobby. Couponing.  Yes, it may be dorky but I am able to save a ton of money.  A lot of people have asked me if I find myself buying things I don't need just to use a coupon.  The answer is no - unless, I am getting paid to buy it - which has happened a few times.  My favorite deals are rebates where I get more money back from the mail-in rebate than I actually spent OOP (out of pocket).  

Let's focus on today.  Not my best purchase but I did get several good deals.  We (yay, the husband joined me!) headed to Target about 8:30pm this evening.  I have a rule that we have to go to the crazy busy stores either really early in the morning or very late at night.  And we all know that I'm not really a morning person so...this evening it was!  If you go during the busy hours, it can be really stressful when there is a long line behind you while you are carefully handing the cashier each coupon, not wanting to miss a penny.  We finally wrapped up getting everything right at 10:00pm and headed to check out.

Another important part of couponing is the cashier.  Some can have attitudes about the fact that you have a stack of coupons and you are taking up more of their time.  Tonight we had a good one.  He pushed every coupon thru that I handed him (which were all legit) even when the computer tried not too take it.  Waaahoo!  

Below is shot of everything from today's purchase.  And my favorite part - "YOU SAVED $70.89".  Isn't that great?  I came away with several laundry & cleaning supplies, a few kiddie Christmas presents, Beauty & the Beast Blu-Ray, and 2 pairs of shoes! (1 pair I actually bought a couple of months ago for $12.99 - but they are now on clearance for $6.48. So I will be taking them back (since I haven't worn them yet) and getting the original amount back.  That's $6.00 back!)



 I'd like to highlight a few of my favorite deals:

$11.99 Green Works Laundry Detergent (90 oz) -$3 Man Q, -$3 Target Q, and the cashier (w.out me asking) scanned the $2 Man Q that was on each jug - final cost - $3.99!


7.99 Swiffer 2in1 Starter Kit 
11.49 Swiffer Dry Cloths Refill (48 ct) - MQ buy starter kit, get refill FREE - so $11.49 off!
7.99 for a new swiffer & refills - I needed the new swiffer "mop" b/c mine is broken & electrical tape is holding it together!


And then, my favorite!
24.99 Beauty & the Beast Blu-Ray -$10 MQ - $14.99 
plus I plan to submit for the Campbell's rebate if not both 







I am proud to say that I used a coupon on every item tonight except for two - I was pretty impressed!!  Happy couponing to everyone! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment