Saturday, October 16, 2010

Hello Weekend!

Shout out to Mel D for our photography pow-wow session earlier today! :)  She helped me understand what aperture is - so, I've been practicing.  Maggie loves to pose.


Isn't she just the cutest thing?  We love this baby dog.  We do not love the fact that she has an anal gland infection.  Doesn't that sound lovely?  We noticed a stink coming from her back side a couple of weeks ago, but I thought that maybe she just got some "you know" stuck on her hair back there.  Being the good mother that I am, I got a washcloth and tried to take care of it (I won't go into details).  It didn't help.  I sprayed Febreeze on her butt.  It didn't help.  Luckily, it was time for her to go to the vet for her shots/physical.  While we were there, I asked Dr Brantley if he could check it out back there because it was not smelling pleasant.  Needless to say, he checked it out and found she had an infection.  He drained it and I thought I was going to pass out - hands down the worst smell ever.  Now, some of you may be thinking, why is she telling us this gross story??  There really is no good reason other than I want you to be as grossed out as I was - but you can't be really - because you weren't there.  $150.00 later, we were on our way home - antibiotic in hand, and a reschedule for the shots.  Sigh. 

On a not so stinky note,  I went to CVS tonight and "rolled" my ECBs.  I made 2 purchases & spent a total of $5.88 on 5 bottles of Dawn, 4 Colgate toothpastes, 2 bags of candy corn, & 2 itch cream products.  Not my best, but pretty successful.  I walked away with $22.96 ECBs for my next purchase. 

Here is the receipt from the first purchase:



For someone new to couponing, one of the easiest freebies is Dawn.  I have a stock of these.  Just go here and enter you information to receive the Home Made Simple booklet.  These links renew frequently so I usually get a couple books a month.  There is a $1 off coupon for Dawn - which means FREE Dawn when CVS, Walgreens or Rite Aid has them for $.97.  I purchased 5 bottles tonight.  All FREE. Sign up for your booklet and get you some Dawn.  Do it!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome pic of Maggie...frame worthy for sure! Sorry about her butt.

    Even the Dawn picture has blurry background success! Good work, estudiante!

    ReplyDelete